Friday, April 15, 2011

Hank's first birthday.

Now I know what you are all thinking, "Hank can't be one already! That went by so fast." Well you're right. He's not one yet, but he will be in 10 days on the 25th. We decided to celebrate a little early since we had family in town. Hank loves the movie Cars so we found this cake mold on line and went with a Cars theme.
The cake Brendie decorated for everyone to eat.


The cake Tyson decorated for Hank to eat.
The decorations.



The presents.

(I know it looks like a lot but it was mostly just new clothes for the summer that he needed anyway. I just thought he'd have fun unwrapping. Turns out that Sarah and Daisy are excellent unwrappers too. Thanks for the help. It would have taken all night if we left it up to Hank.)




The refreshments. If you can't tell, (I don't blame you if you can't) but those donut stacked on top of each other is suppose to be Luigi's Casa Della Tire's the Leaning Tower of Tires. It didn't really turn out how I wanted it.


The drinks. Fillmore's Organic Fuel (raspberry lemonade), Tow Mater's Mouthwatering Motor Oil (chocolate milk) and Flo's V8 Cafe Transmission Fluid (diet Dr Pepper with cherry). I asked Daisy if she was thirsty and she nodded. Then I asked her if she'd like some Mouthwatering Motor Oil and she turn and looked at me with disgusted and simply said, "That's disgusting!" Haha. After we explained she thought it was okay.



Hank getting excited to eat his birthday cake.





A little unsure at first.



But then he really got into it.



There was frosting everywhere. Even after he got wiped down we found frosting in his ear a few hours later. Haha I sure do love this kid!




Unwrapping his present from Mom and Dad. It's a Cars Doddle Pad. He hasn't figured it out quite yet but he loves the little Lightning McQueen that came with it.


I'll do a better, "I can't believe my baby is one" post when he is actually one. But seriously how did time go by so fast.

No comments: